There have been numerous reports of gas leaks throughout Baltimore, MD. Natural gas leaks can cause explosions, fires, and fatal injuries. Many homes and businesses throughout the city are serviced by lines installed and maintained by Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE).
The Baltimore personal injury lawyers at WGK Personal Injury Lawyers have experience handling cases involving gas leaks and home explosions. Since 1977, we have helped injured victims and their families throughout Maryland fight for just compensation after accidents and personal injuries. We have three generations of lawyers working at our Maryland family-owned law firm with over 80 years of combined legal experience.
Table of Contents
How Our Baltimore Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You After a Row Home Explosion or Gas Leak
Many residents throughout Baltimore rely on natural gas to provide the energy necessary to run their households. Therefore, they trust BGE to install and maintain safe gas lines throughout the city. However, numerous row home explosions have caused deaths and injuries.
At WGK Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to determining what caused the row home explosions and holding the responsible parties liable for damages. Gas leaks and explosions cause devastating injuries and wrongful deaths.
If you hire us to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Monitor the investigations by BGE, local authorities, and federal agencies
- Conduct independent investigations to determine the cause of the row home explosions
- Consult leading experts in the industry to gather additional evidence to build a strong case for causation, fault, and liability
- Document your damages to calculate the correct value for your losses
- File insurance claims and monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits against BGE and other parties
- Negotiate settlements with insurance companies and at-fault parties
- File lawsuits and argue the case in court, if necessary
Personal injury cases against large corporations and utility companies are incredibly complex. You need an experienced personal injury law firm with the resources to pursue the case. WGK Personal Injury Lawyers is that law firm.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced Baltimore gas leak and home explosions lawyer.
Causes of Gas Leaks That Result in Row Home Explosions
Gas companies are regulated by the Maryland Public Service Commission. In addition, there are strict state and federal regulations that gas companies must follow to protect the public from harm. Even so, home explosions caused by gas leaks are common in Baltimore.
Factors that increase the risk of a gas leak include, but are not limited to:
- Faulty installation of gas lines by utility companies
- Outdated infrastructure, including corroded and damaged gas lines
- Defective gas appliances in homes
- Mistakes and errors made when installing gas appliances in homes
- Gas lines damaged when parties are digging or working near the lines
- Failure to monitor and maintain gas lines and equipment
- Failing to conduct routine inspections of gas lines, equipment, and appliances
- Inadequate or improper training or supervision of utility workers
- Failing to follow federal and state safety regulations
- Not responding timely to reports of potential gas leaks or damaged equipment and lines
When utility companies are negligent and their negligence causes home explosions, they can be held liable for injuries, damages, and fatalities.
In addition to BGE, other potentially liable parties for gas leaks that cause row home explosions in Baltimore include:
- Government entities
- Repair companies
- Property owners
- Landlords and tenants
Our Baltimore gas leak lawyers thoroughly investigate row home explosions to identify all factors that contribute to the cause of the explosion. We then work with experts to determine who is responsible for each of those factors and their level of fault.
Damages Recoverable After a Baltimore Row Home Explosion
If BGE is responsible for the gas leak that led to the home explosion, it can be liable for a victim’s economic and non-economic damages. The victim or surviving family members typically have three years from the injury date or wrongful death to file a lawsuit. However, exceptions could apply, so it is best to seek legal advice as soon as possible.
The damages a victim might receive include, but are not limited to:
- The cost of medical treatment and care
- Loss of income and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Disabilities and permanent impairments
- Diminished earning capacity
- A decrease in quality of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses
The utility company, insurance companies, and other at-fault parties aggressively fight claims related to gas leaks and home explosions. Our legal team at WGK Personal Injury Lawyers fights back. We stand up for victims and their families to seek justice for the harm caused by negligence and intentional torts.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Baltimore Personal Injury Lawyers After a Row Home Explosion
We understand that you and your family have experienced a traumatic event. Our legal team wants to help you recover fair compensation for your damages. We’ll handle all aspects of your case so that you can focus on getting your life back after a tragic event.
Call now for a free consultation with an experienced Baltimore row home explosion attorney.