Have you been injured in an accident involving a Lyft driver? The Baltimore Lyft accident lawyers at William G. Kolodner Personal Injury Lawyers, know the complexities of filing lawsuits and holding Lyft insurers responsible.
Contact our Baltimore office to speak with an attorney to discuss the steps you need to take to recover compensation from Lyft accident injuries. William G. Kolodner Personal Injury Lawyers offers a free consultation, so call us now at (410) 837-2144 to schedule a time to discuss your case.
How A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help After A Lyft Accident
Lyft is a company that uses independent drivers to provide paid rideshare services. The drivers use their personal vehicles to complete the rides and riders use the Lyft app to schedule rides and make payments.
Unfortunately, when a Lyft vehicle is involved in an accident, insurance claims can be complicated. Even though Lyft now provides insurance coverage for many accidents, victims may still have a difficult time recovering compensation for Lyft accidents.
Even if fault is clear, receiving compensation for these kinds of cases can be challenging. Your best best to ensure that you get the money you deserve is to hire a personal injury lawyer in Baltimore.
The personal injury attorneys at William G. Kolodner Personal Injury Lawyers, have over 80 years of combined experience handling these kinds of cases. Our team of compassionate attorneys will review all the evidence, bring in experts for help, and negotiate with the insurance companies to get you the money you deserve.
Causes of Baltimore Lyft Accidents
The causes of Lyft accidents are generally similar to other motor vehicle accidents. Human error is typically a contributing factor in why the crash occurred, amongst many other aspects.
It is important for users to know the main issues that lead to Lyft accidents.
Common causes of Lyft accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Drug or Alcohol Impairment
- Drowsy and Fatigued Driving
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Road Rage
- Following Too Closely
Other factors might also contribute to the cause of a Lyft accident. Weather conditions, hazardous road conditions, defective auto parts, or poor automobile maintenance could also be factors in a Lyft accident. We compile evidence of the crash to identify all contributing factors and parties to increase your chance of recovering maximum compensation.
Common Lyft Accident Injuries
Some Lyft accident victims may walk away from the crash with minor injuries. However, some injuries could have lifelong implications. Regardless of the severity of the injury, the victim deserves to receive fair compensation for all injuries and losses.
Additionally, what may be perceived as a minor injury could develop into a more serious injury or medical complications. If you are injured, seek medical care as soon after the crash as possible.
Common car accident injuries that result from Lyft crashes include, but are not limited to:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Back injuries and broken vertebrae
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Concussions and skull fractures
- Broken bones and fractures
- Disfigurement and scarring
Depending on the injury, a Lyft accident victim could sustain permanent cognitive impairment, paralysis, chronic pain, nerve damage, or other disabilities and impairments.
Recovering Damages for a Lyft Accident in Baltimore
A victim of a Lyft accident could receive compensation for a variety of damages. Even though your injuries may not result in permanent impairments, you have the right to seek fair and just compensation for your losses and damages. Common damages caused by a Lyft accident include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Expenses — The cost of medical care can be expensive. Medical expenses may include hospitalization, surgeries, doctor’s bills, medication, and medical equipment. Medical expenses may also include rehabilitation, physical therapy, counseling, occupational therapy, and ongoing medical care resulting from a disability.
- Loss of Income — Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could be out of work for a lengthy period. Loss of income includes wages, salaries, and overtime. Damages may also include loss of opportunities, commissions, bonuses, benefits, and future loss of income from a disability, impairment or a decrease in earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering — You may receive noneconomic damages for the pain and suffering caused by the accident and your injuries. Noneconomic damages include physical, emotional, and mental suffering. It may also compensate you for loss of enjoyment of life, permanent impairments, scarring, and disfigurement.
Why is the Insurance Company Blaming Me for My Injuries?
The insurance company may be trying to avoid liability for your damages. Even if you are an innocent victim in a Lyft accident, such as a passenger, bicyclist, or pedestrian, the driver’s insurance company may try to blame you for your injuries. The insurance company may claim that you did something to contribute to your injuries.
The reason why the insurance company is trying to blame you may be Maryland’s pure contributory negligence law. Under pure contributory negligence, an accident victim generally cannot receive any compensation for damages if the victim contributed to the cause of the accident.
Therefore, if you contributed to the cause of the accident, you may receive nothing. Keep in mind that the company only needs to convince a jury that you are partially to blame for the cause of the accident. Juries are unpredictable.
If an insurance company implies that you could be partially to blame for the crash, call a Baltimore Lyft accident attorney immediately.
Is There a Deadline for Filing Lyft Accident Lawsuits in Maryland?
Yes, you have a deadline for filing a Lyft accident lawsuit. In Maryland, the Statute of Limitations for filing a car accident lawsuit is generally three years from the date of the crash. This deadline includes Lyft accident claims and lawsuits.
It is best to contact a personal injury attorney as quickly as possible so we can begin gathering important evidence for your claim. Your attorney analyzes the case to calculate the deadline for filing a lawsuit and monitors the deadline.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney After a Lyft Accident in Maryland?
The rideshare company often denies liability, even though it covers its drivers with $1 million in liability insurance coverage. A Lyft driver’s personal liability insurance typically does not apply when the driver transports a passenger.
If you are a Lyft passenger, another driver, or another victim of a car crash caused by a Lyft driver, you may have difficulty recovering compensation for your injuries. As a passenger, bicyclist, or pedestrian, you may find that both drivers deny liability for the accident. You are left to fight multiple insurance companies for the compensation you deserve.
An experienced Lyft accident attorney can help. Millions of people are injured in car accidents each year. Lawyers help accident victims hold negligent drivers accountable and responsible for their actions.
The laws regarding rideshare accident claims are complicated. Regulations for Lyft and other rideshare companies can change. Make sure that you take all the steps necessary to protect your best interests by hiring a Baltimore Lyft accident lawyer.
Steps to Take After a Lyft Accident in Baltimore
The steps you take after a Lyft accident can impact your chance of recovering compensation for your injuries. Steps to take include:
- Report the Accident — Make sure that someone calls 911 to report the accident.
- Gather Evidence — Regardless of your role in the accident, try to take pictures and write down names and addresses for all parties, including witnesses.
- Take Care of Your Injuries — See a doctor as soon as possible. Delays in medical care could hurt your case and your health.
- Report the Crash to Lyft — Contact Lyft to report the crash, but do not provide a statement until you talk to an attorney. You can report the crash through the Lyft app without making a statement.
- Document Your Damages — Take photographs of your injuries and keep copies of all medical records, documents, receipts, and bills. You need evidence proving that you suffered physical and financial damages to recover compensation for a Lyft accident claim.
- Contact a Baltimore Lyft Accident Attorney — As soon as possible, call our law firm for help.
Get Help From a Baltimore Lyft Accident Lawyer
Battling insurance companies after a car accident for fair compensation is frustrating and complicated. However, when you add battling a rideshare company for what is fair, the situation becomes even more complicated. You need an experienced legal team on your side.
At William G. Kolodner Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand how to investigate Lyft accident claims. We have the skills and resources necessary to battle a rideshare company and insurance companies for what is right. We use all available legal remedies to get you the money you deserve after an accident.
Contact our law office now to schedule a free consultation with a Baltimore Lyft accident attorney. Let us help you seek the justice you deserve.
Our Baltimore, MD personal injury law firm also offers:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Baltimore, MD
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Baltimore, MD
- Baltimore, MD Dog Bite Lawyers
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Baltimore, MD
- Baltimore, MD Aviation Accident Attorneys
- Baltimore, MD Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Maritime Accident Lawyers in Baltimore, MD
- Baltimore, MD Wrongful Death Lawyers