No one expects to be involved in an accident and suffer injuries while in Towson, Maryland. However, sometimes, life takes an unexpected turn, and we find ourselves needing help navigating the legal process.
If you have been injured in an accident, it is crucial to have a trusted Towson, MD personal injury lawyer by your side to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
How Our Towson Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Fight for Damages
A personal injury attorney can be your greatest asset as you navigate your personal injury claim. They will help you understand your rights and options and work to maximize the value of your case.
Here are some of the essential steps our Towson personal injury lawyers will take to help victims build a strong case and secure fair compensation:
- Investigation and Documentation: We will collect all relevant evidence such as police reports, witness statements, photographs, and medical records. We will also work with experts who can provide valuable testimony on your behalf.
- Demand Letter: Our lawyers will draft a letter to the responsible party or their insurance company to outline the details of the case, the injuries sustained, and the compensation requested.
- Negotiations: We will enter into negotiations with the responsible party’s insurance provider to agree on a fair settlement. We will use their experience and expertise to ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
For help after an injury in Towson, Maryland, contact WGK Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Towson personal injury attorney.
The History of the Towson Neighborhood in Baltimore, MD
Named after one of its first settlers, Ezekiel Towson, Towson is an unincorporated town situated in the northern region of Baltimore. Although it was initially established in 1750, the town experienced significant growth with the addition of two prominent college institutions, Goucher College and Towson University (originally named Maryland State Normal School).
Towson is a dynamic, bustling suburb of approximately 55,000 people located just north of Baltimore City. This college town is known for Towson University’s 328-acre campus, but it is also rich in history, culture, and the arts.
Towson will entice newcomers with live entertainment, varied eating options, and educational possibilities. Towson, as a hub for the young, forward-thinking, and determined, combines university influences with the limitless prospects of Baltimore/Washington D.C. Metro Area.
Some of Towsons most notable attractions include:
- Hampton National Historic Site
- SECU Arena
- Towson Town Center
- Johnny Unitas Stadium
- The Shops at Kenilworth
- The Recher Theatre
How to get to WGK Personal Injury Lawyers from Towson, MD
Our Personal Injury Law Firm’s Primary Practice Areas
Our firm handles various types of cases, including but not limited to the following:
Car accidents are a common type of personal injury. They often result from reckless driving, speeding, driving under the influence, or failure to follow traffic rules. In such cases, the negligent driver may be held responsible for compensating the injured party.
Construction sites can be notoriously dangerous work environments. Construction accidents may occur when safety precautions are not adequately followed or when proper training and equipment aren’t provided.
Motorcycle accidents can result in severe injuries, as motorcyclists lack the protection that car occupants enjoy. Accidents can be caused by negligence from other motorists, poor road conditions, or defective motorcycle parts. When another party is at fault for a motorcycle accident, they may be held liable for compensating the injured motorcyclist.
Truck accidents can be particularly devastating, given the size and weight of commercial trucks. They can result from driver fatigue, inadequate vehicle maintenance, or other negligence on part of the trucking company or driver.
Due to the complex nature of truck accidents and multiple potentially responsible parties, an experienced personal injury attorney is needed to navigate these cases.
Wrongful death refers to cases where a person dies due to the negligence or misconduct of another person or entity. This could include fatal car accidents, medical malpractice, or even product defects.
The family members of the deceased can pursue a wrongful death claim against those responsible. Our compassionate and dedicated personal injury attorneys will work tirelessly to hold the responsible party accountable and secure financial compensation for you.
Damages Available in Personal Injury Cases in Towson
There are several types of damages available to victims in personal injury cases.
Economic damages are those that have a direct financial impact on the victim. These damages are relatively easy to calculate because they involve specific amounts of money.
Examples of economic damages include:
- Medical expenses: These include costs for hospital stays, doctor visits, medical procedures, medications, and future care required by the victim.
- Lost wages: If the victim is unable to work due to their injury, they may be entitled to compensation for the wages they would have earned during that time.
- Loss of earning capacity: If the victim’s injury affects their ability to earn a living in the future, they may be entitled to compensation for their reduced earning potential.
- Property damage: When a personal injury involves damage to the victim’s property, such as their car, they may be awarded compensation to cover the repair or replacement costs.
Non-economic damages are meant to compensate the victim for the intangible losses they have experienced as a result of the injury, such as:
- Pain and suffering: This refers to the physical discomfort and emotional distress the victim has experienced due to their injury.
- Emotional distress: Victims who have experienced significant trauma may be compensated for the psychological effects of the event, such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Loss of enjoyment of life: This compensates the victim for the impact the injury has had on their ability to enjoy their hobbies, activities, and overall quality of life.
- Loss of consortium: In some cases, a victim’s spouse may be entitled to compensation for the loss of companionship, affection, or sexual relationship resulting from the injury.
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are more difficult to calculate because they are subjective.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Baltimore County?
A major concern for many victims of personal injury is the cost associated with hiring a lawyer. Fortunately, most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means the lawyer only gets paid if they successfully recover money for the victim.
In Baltimore County and throughout Maryland, personal injury lawyers typically charge between 33% and 40% of the total award or settlement recovered for the victim. This percentage may vary depending on the complexity of the case and whether it goes to trial. If the lawyer does not recover any money for the victim, they do not get paid.
What’s the Statute of Limitations in Maryland Personal Injury Cases?
In Maryland, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases varies depending on the nature of the case:
- Personal Injury: You have three years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit.
- Medical Malpractice: You have either five years from the date of the injury or three years from the discovery of the injury, whichever comes first.
- Government Claims: If you’re filing a claim against a governmental entity, you have only one year to file a lawsuit, and additional notice requirements may apply.
There are some exceptions to the general time limits, and deadlines are subject to change and can be influenced by various factors, such as the specifics of your case or potential legislative changes. Always consult with a knowledgeable attorney to get the most up-to-date information.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Towson Personal Injury Lawyer
When you’re faced with a personal injury in Towson, Maryland, picking the right lawyer is essential. Fortunately, we’re here to help. If you need more information or assistance with a personal injury case, contact WGK Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.
- Sharp Leadenhall (21230)
- Little Italy (21231)
- Westside (21223)
- Hampden (21211)
- Dundalk (21222)
- Locust Point (21230)
- Charles Village (21218)
- Downtown (21201)
- Inner Harbor (21230)
- Fell’s Point (21231)
- Mount Vernon (21201)
- Federal Hill-Montgomery (21230)
- Patterson Park (21224)
What Our Towson Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our Google Reviews