Have you been involved in an intersection crash in Baltimore, MD, and suffered an injury as a result? If so, call the Baltimore intersection crashes lawyers at William G. Kolodner, P.A. We can help you file a lawsuit for compensation from those who were responsible for causing the accident.
Your first consultation is free, and you pay nothing unless we’re able to secure a financial award for you. Contact our Baltimore law office for legal advice today.
How William G. Kolodner, P.A., Can Help You if You Were Injured in an Intersection Crash in Baltimore, MD
The Baltimore personal injury lawyers at William G. Kolodner, P.A., understand the difficulties our clients face when they’ve been injured. It’s a scary and daunting time of health concerns, as well as emotional and financial concerns.
The good news is that you don’t have to go through any of this on your own. With a competent, well-established personal injury law firm like William G. Kolodner, P.A., by your side, you can feel confident about going after those responsible for your harm.
Here are a few of the ways we assist the injured clients we represent:
- Look into the accident and the crash site to be sure we understand exactly how the accident happened and who was responsible for causing it.
- Examine and evaluate relevant evidence such as witness statements and police reports.
- Speak to experts in their fields regarding accident reconstruction and the nature and extent of your injury. We may also ask these experts to testify on your behalf.
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance companies so they don’t try to get away with denying your insurance claim or making a low offer in the hopes you’re unaware of typical settlements in cases like yours.
- If we get nowhere with the insurance company, we’ll take your case straight to the jury.
Our car accident lawyers in Baltimore take pride in ensuring our clients receive world-class legal representation and guidance. Contact the law firm of William G. Kolodner, P.A., to significantly increase your chances of a win. We’ll meet with you for free to discuss your case.
Most Deadly Intersections in Maryland
As recently as 2017, Maryland was sixth in the United States in intersection deaths per 1,000 road miles, with 5.29 fatalities.
This was double the national average.
These unfortunate deaths likely took place at one of the following intersections, which have been noted as the most dangerous in Maryland according to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Gwynns Falls Parkway at Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, MD: With 46 deaths in 2015, this intersection near Druid Hill Park has several lanes alongside restaurants, shopping, and other temptations for distracted driving. The number one reason for crashes at this site is a failure to adhere to traffic lights.
- Route 50 at Route 70, Near Annapolis, MD: Confusing signs may be the cause of crashes at this intersection.
- Jones Falls Expressway; Cross Keys, Baltimore, MD: Excessive speeds, heavy traffic, and long traffic lights that tempt drivers to hurry through before a light change are some reasons the intersections at Northern Parkway/Jones Falls and West Cold Spring Lane/Jones Falls. are especially dangerous.
If you were injured in a traffic accident at these or any intersections in the Baltimore area, call our intersection crashes attorneys at William G. Kolodner, P.A., to arrange a consultation at no cost to you. We’ll help you pursue benefits to compensate you for your injury.
Why Do So Many Crashes Occur at Intersections?
Per the Federal Highway Administration (FHA), crashes at intersections are not surprising because intersections are notorious points of danger by design.
Congestion, high traffic volume, and the inherent conflict at intersections over who has the right of way can set drivers up and multiply the chances of accidents.
Additional characteristics of intersections:
- Poor visibility
- Confusing stop signs/traffic signs
- Lanes marked poorly
- High levels of traffic
- Difficult left turns
- Glitchy traffic lights
- Road conditions and defects
- Multiple points of entry
If your accident occurred at an intersection and you were injured, the attorneys at William G. Kolodner, P.A., can protect your rights and seek redress for your injury. You shouldn’t have to pay when someone else was at fault.
Limitations on Filing Time and Recovery
Maryland has a statute of limitations of three years for personal injury cases. This means you have to file within three years of the accident date or you cannot seek compensation. Call William G. Kolodner, P.A., today so you lose no time in filing a lawsuit.
Furthermore, Maryland follows a contributory negligence rule. This means that if you were in any way partly to blame for the accident, you get nothing. A competent attorney can help demonstrate that you weren’t to blame and that you should be able to recover for monetary losses such as medical bills, loss of income, and property damage, as well as more personal losses such as emotional distress and pain and suffering.
Need a Baltimore Intersection Crashes Lawyer? Call William G. Kolodner, P.A., Today
Intersections can be chaotic and accidents occur quickly, with multiple vehicles involved. The circumstances make it difficult to clearly identify who was at fault. This is why you should have a personal injury lawyer in Baltimore who understands intersection crashes.
The accident attorneys at William G. Kolodner, P.A., have handled countless cases involving intersection crashes, including pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents. Call today to arrange a free consultation to go over your case.