Have you recently been injured in a rollover car accident in Baltimore, MD? Contact William G. Kolodner P.A., to learn about your legal rights and options. You may be entitled to compensation if someone else or multiple parties are responsible for your injuries. Our Baltimore rollover accident attorneys can help you fight to assert your rights and maximize your recovery.
Contact our law firm in Baltimore, you can give us a call at (410) 837-2144 to arrange a free consultation. You can receive the legal advice you need to protect yourself after being injured in an accident.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for a Baltimore Rollover Accident?
A Baltimore car accident attorney takes care of many of the steps necessary to protect your right to fair and just compensation for your injury claim. Investigating a traffic accident while you are healing from injuries can be challenging. Likewise, dealing with insurance claims adjusters can be frustrating and stressful.
Hiring an attorney atWilliam G. Kolodner P.A. allows you to focus on recovering from your injuries. It also gives you the peace of mind of knowing that you have a legal team working to protect your best interests.
Other reasons why you need a Baltimore car accident attorney include:
- Provides support and guidance throughout the claims process.
- Helps you avoid errors and mistakes that could hurt your chance of success.
- Levels the playing field with a large insurance company that has dozens of individuals working to deny or undervalue your injury claim.
- Gathers evidence to prove fault, including working with experts when necessary to determine how a rollover accident occurred.
- Documents your medical, financial, and emotional damages for an injury claim.
- Understands the laws related to your claim.
- Monitors deadlines for filing claims and lawsuits.
- Identifies all potential parties who might be liable for your claim, including underinsured motorist coverage from your insurance company.
- Understands what damages to include in an injury claim and how to maximize the value of your accident claim.
There are many reasons why you may need an attorney after a rollover accident. It does not cost you anything to talk with an attorney in our law firm. You may find that you have much to gain from hiring an attorney to help you with a rollover accident claim.
Rollover Car Accident Statistics
Rollover accidents are not as common as other types of motor vehicle accidents. However, they are more deadly. While rollover crashes account for under three percent of the total motor vehicle accidents, they account for just over one-third of the fatalities from motor vehicle accidents.
During 2018, 6,583 people died in rollover crashes. More people died in SUV rollover accidents in 2018 (42 percent). Pickup trucks had just a slightly lower percentage (40 percent). Only 20 percent of the rollover accident fatalities occurred in passenger cars.
What Are the Leading Causes of Rollover Accidents in Baltimore?
There are two basic types of rollover accidents – tripping and untripped.
A tripping event causes the vehicle’s tires to leave the road, resulting in the vehicle tipping over and possibly rolling over one or more times.
Tripping is the most common cause of a rollover accident. Several events can cause a tripping accident. The vehicle runs over something in the road, the driver runs onto the curb or roadside, or the vehicle collides with another object.
Untripped rollovers often occur when a driver is traveling too fast and swerves to avoid something in the road or loses control of the vehicle. These types of rollover accidents often involve excessive speed. Untripped rollover accidents are also more common in top-heavy vehicles.
Common factors that can contribute to the cause of a rollover accident include, but are not limited to:
- Speeding or traveling too fast for conditions
- Alcohol and drug use
- Distracted driving
- Tire blowouts
- Drowsy driving
- Top-heavy vehicles, such as SUVs, semi-trucks, and vans
- Overloading a vehicle
- Going around curves or corners too fast
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- T-bone or side-impact crashes, and
- Roadway hazards or conditions.
If you’ve been injured in a rollover car accident in Baltimore, call our legal team for help. We can review your case, explain your rights, and answer any questions you have.
Common Injuries in Baltimore Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents may result in traumatic and catastrophic injuries. Rollover accidents have a higher fatality rate than other types of motor vehicle accidents.
The nature of the accident often results in a person being thrown from the vehicle or crushed inside the vehicle. As the vehicle tumbles, the person may sustain multiple injuries with each rotation of the vehicle.
Injuries that are common in rollover accidents include:
- Neck and Head Trauma, including skull fractures, broken vertebrae, traumatic brain injury, hematomas, and contusions.
- Spinal Cord and Back Injuries, including paralysis, fractured vertebrae, ruptured discs, and soft tissue damage to the nerves, muscles, and ligaments.
- Complex Fractures and Multiple Broken Bones, which may require surgery to insert pins, screws, and plates.
- Internal Injuries, including internal bleeding and damage to the internal organs.
- Crush Injuries, which can cause amputations, abdominal injuries, and organ loss.
- Lacerations and Puncture Wounds from glass, jagged metal, and flying objects, which can result in severe scarring and disfigurement.
The injuries from a rollover accident can be life-threatening. Victims may sustain permanent disabilities and impairment that result in the need for lifelong medical and personal care. The damages from loss of income and ongoing care over a lifetime could total millions of dollars.
How Much is a Rollover Accident Claim Worth?
Common damages in rollover accident claims may include:
- Medical Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Personal Care Costs
- Loss of Benefits
- Physical Pain and Suffering
- Disabilities and Impairments
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Quality of Life, and
- Mental Anguish.
It is impossible to know the value of your rollover accident claim unless you consider all the present and future damages.
Once you settle your claim, the insurance company and driver have been released from further liability for your claim.
A Baltimore rollover accident lawyer at William G. Kolodner P.A., determines if the offer of settlement is fair given the facts in your case. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate a fair settlement, our lawyers are ready to file a personal injury lawsuit for a rollover accident.
Is There a Deadline for Filing a Rollover Car Accident Lawsuit in Maryland?
Following a rollover accident in Baltimore, you’ll have a very limited period of time to pursue compensation for your injuries. In Maryland, the statute of limitations for most car accident lawsuits is three years. The clock begins to run the moment you’re involved in a collision.
There are times when you might have more or less time to act. This is particularly true when kids are involved. Children who are injured in accidents generally have longer to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, if you decide to pursue damages from the government, you’ll be subject to an accelerated timetable.
The important thing to understand is that you will lose the right to pursue and collect valuable compensation if you miss the applicable deadline. Contact our Baltimore rollover accident attorneys immediately to preserve your legal right to file a lawsuit against the party responsible for your injuries.
Why is the Insurance Company Blaming Me for the Rollover Accident?
Maryland operates under a pure contributory negligence rule for traffic accident claims. Pure contributory negligence is a defense that completely bars the victim in an accident from receiving any money for an injury claim.
Under pure contributory negligence laws, if you contributed to the cause of the rollover accident, you cannot receive compensation.
It does not matter if you are one percent at fault or 50 percent at fault, any amount of fault bars your claim. Insurance companies understand this rule, and they use it to their advantage. For that reason, do not to speak to the insurance company or a claims adjuster about your rollover accident without first consulting with a Baltimore personal injury attorney at William G. Kolodner P.A..
Contact a Baltimore Rollover Accident Lawyer for a Free Case Review
Rollover accidents are an extremely dangerous type of traffic accident. Individuals in rollover accidents have a higher chance of sustaining life-altering injuries or death compared to victims in other types of car crashes. Injury victims need experienced legal counsel to protect their right to compensation for their injuries, losses, and damages after a rollover accident.
If you or a family member were injured in a rollover accident, you need advice from an experienced lawyer to protect your legal rights. Contact William G. Kolodner P.A., to schedule a free consultation with a rollover accident lawyer in Baltimore.