Have you been injured in a recreational vehicle accident in Baltimore, MD? You may be entitled to compensation for expenses for your economic damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and long-term care, and non-economic damages, like pain and suffering.
The Baltimore Recreational Vehicle accident lawyers at the William G. Kolodner, P.A, can help you fight for the money you deserve. We offer a free evaluation of personal injury claims. Call our law offices to get started today.
How Our Baltimore Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You With Your RV Accident Case
You were involved in an RV accident, needed surgery, and now can’t work. That could make it really tough to afford the medical care you need – not to mention put a real strain on your ability to make ends meet. If someone else is responsible for your accident, the Baltimore personal injury lawyers at William G. Kolodner, P.A., can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our law firm appreciates how devastating an RV accident can be and the ripple effects it can have across your life. And, our attorneys are ready to put 100+ years of collective experience to work to help make things easier. We’ll take care of your fight for compensation so that you can focus on recovering. Because we work on contingency, there’s no need to worry about what it might cost to have us help. We only get paid when we win your case.
Here’s what you can expect from William G. Kolodner, P.A., if we handle your case:
- Frequent communication. We make sure our clients know what’s going on in their case. We know that it’s our duty to communicate with our clients and offer legitimate legal advice. We encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions.
- Management of administrative tasks. While you’re trying to recover from your RV accident, you should focus on healing. Our law firm handles the administrative tasks in your case.
- Thorough investigation. We conduct a thorough investigation of the circumstances of your accident and gather evidence to support your case. We work with prominent accident reconstruction experts in Maryland to get to the bottom of our clients’ RV accidents.
- Accurate claim valuation. Through our relationships with prominent financial and medical experts, we value our clients’ claims, from financial damages like lost wages to non-financial damages such as pain and suffering.
- Experienced negotiation. When an insurance company tries to blame our clients for their own injuries, we deflect their accusations. In our years of experience, we’ve learned how to defend our clients from allegations of blame.
- Confident litigation. It’s true that most claims end in settlement and do not go to trial. When a case does not get settled, the skilled trial lawyers at William G. Kolodner, P.A., are ready to go to court for you.
Choosing a personal injury attorney offers you the chance to get started toward the compensation you deserve. Call our office today to get started with your recovery.
What Compensation is Available to RV Accident Victims?
Accidents involving large vehicles like RVs can have catastrophic consequences. In turn, the value of a related injury claim could potentially be quite high.
Victims of RV accidents in and around Baltimore, MD could seek damages for:
- Present and future medical bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Nursing care
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of quality of loss
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
- And more
You can count on our RV accident attorneys in Baltimore to not only pursue all available damages in your case, but to ensure that they’re valued properly, as well. By taking the time to work with experts and really dig into the details of your case, we can help you walk away with a full and fair financial award.
Common Causes of Maryland RV Accidents
There are many causes of RV accidents, especially distracted driving and driving while fatigued. And, that makes sense if you think about it.
In a recreational vehicle, the driver and passengers’ primary goal is recreation. Families may be having discussions about dinner or plans for the evening entertainment while driving to their destination.
When a travel group wants to arrive at their destination by a set time, the driver may place their recreational goals above safety concerns. As a result, a tired driver may push themself to keep driving and ultimately regret it when the recreational vehicle crashes.
Another intuitive cause of RV accidents is inexperience. With the rise in recreational vehicle rental services available nationwide, there has been an increase in amateur RV drivers on the roads.
Indeed, a special license is rarely required to drive an RV in the U.S., even though they are much larger than personal vehicles.
RVs are classified by their size into one of three classes:
- Class A: Class As are large, luxurious RVs. They can be up to 45 feet in length and may require a special license to drive.
- Class B: RVs in Class B are less than 8,000 pounds and fewer than 19 feet in length. They are the smallest class of RVs and the easiest to pilot.
- Class C: In Class C, RVs often feature full living areas. They are between 10,000 and 12,000 pounds and between 20 and 31 feet in length.
In addition to these classes of RV, “fifth wheel” trailers are also recreational vehicles. They can weigh around 8,000 pounds and run up to 32 feet in length.
Operating an RV requires more than driving. It also requires maneuvering an extra-long trailer into and out of narrow RV spaces. Inexperienced drivers moving large vehicles into small spaces are disasters waiting to happen.
Some other issues that lead to RV accidents include:
- Improperly balanced loads
- Overloaded trailers
- Runaway trailers
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an RV Accident in Maryland?
In Maryland, the statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death cases is three years. This means that an injured person or the family member of a deceased person must file a lawsuit within three years of the date of the injury or death. Once the statute of limitations has passed, the right to sue may be lost forever.
While three years may sound like a long time, it is important to establish the attorney-client relationship shortly after the accident, if possible. The sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner we can get to work on your case. That means we’ll be better able to investigate the auto accident and RV crash, interview witnesses, gather evidence, and, ultimately, build a successful claim for damages on your behalf.
Contributory Negligence in Maryland
Maryland has pure contributory negligence rules. This means if you are in any way responsible for your RV accident, you cannot recover compensation for your injuries.
Because of this, insurance companies and the other party may try to unfairly blame you for the motor vehicle accident that involved an RV. Our skilled personal injury attorneys in Baltimore County, MD can defend you against unfair claims.
Contact a Baltimore RV Accident Lawyer Today
Have you sustained a traumatic brain injury, broken bones, burns, or another type of serious trauma in an RV accident in Baltimore, Maryland? Reach out to a personal injury attorney to learn more about your legal rights to recover compensation. Contact a Baltimore RV accident lawyer at William G. Kolodner, P.A., today for a free case evaluation.