Road defects are a common hazard across the country. In 2016, AAA reported that Americans spend an average of $3 billion per year on vehicle damage resulting from road defects. Maryland residents traveled over four-billion miles in June 2020 alone, making potholes and other defects especially costly for Baltimore drivers.
Heavy travel in Baltimore erodes pavement on roadways, and large potholes can cause more than expensive car repair bills. Drivers may lose control of their vehicle, leading to severe injuries or even worse, death. If your motor vehicle accident involved roadway deterioration, a Baltimore road defects lawyer at William G. Kolodner P.A. can help.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Assist If You’ve Been Injured In a Maryland Road Defects Accident
It’s imperative that you work with an expert Baltimore road defects lawyer if you want to recover damages for medical and property bills. Personal injury claims can be complicated and an inexperienced firm is unlikely to get results. Our professional legal team at William G. Kolodner P.A. is ready to assist you by:
- Offering guidance and moral support
- Managing the aspects of your case so you can focus your energy on getting better
- Investigating the circumstances of the accident
- Consulting with Maryland accident reconstruction, forensic, law enforcement, medical, and other field experts who might offer insights and evidence for your case
- Holding at-fault parties accountable by determining causation, fault, and liability
- Making sure you stay up to date on all aspects of your case as it moves forward
- Defending you against unscrupulous insurance companies who want to blame you for your accident
- Negotiating with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the maximum recovery for your injuries
Our Maryland personal injury attorneys have been fighting for car accident victims’ rights for the past 43 years. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we will do everything within our power to obtain a positive outcome for your claim. To get started, give us a call at 410-834-4475 to set up a free consultation.
What You Should Know About Baltimore Road Defects Accidents
Whether you drive an SUV or a motorcycle, hitting a pothole can be deadly. Losing control of your vehicle is much too easy, even when sticking to highway speed limits.
Some of the most common types of road defects accidents in Maryland include:
- A pothole engulfs the vehicle’s front wheel, causing the car or motorcycle to flip
- A driver stops suddenly to avoid hitting road damage and causes a rear-end collision
- A driver swerves to avoid a pothole and sideswipes a vehicle in another lane
- A pedestrian unknowingly steps on a portion of damaged roadway and incurs serious injuries
Because potholes are a common occurrence, you are unlikely to recover damages unless you have suffered serious injuries or a wrongful death that can be directly linked to a defect in the road.
Most road defect claims are filed against a government agency, and the state of Maryland will make the process as difficult as possible with motions to dismiss, notice requirements, and monetary caps. Without the help of a good lawyer, you could find yourself footing all of the bills yourself.
How to Receive Payment for Baltimore Medical and Property Damage
Maryland officials will tell you that receiving money for pothole damage is as simple as filing a claim with the Maryland Treasury Department. In reality, it’s more complicated than they’d like you to believe. You’ll need to act quickly to beat the limitations deadline and prove that the DOT knew about the road defect.
The cost of gathering evidence often exceeds the cost of treatment and repairs in cases of minor damage, and the state of Maryland will do everything in its power not to give you a payout.
That’s why we only take on cases with severe consequences. If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries or death as a direct result of caustic roadways, we want to help you find justice.
Why You Should Hire a Baltimore Road Defects Lawyer to Advocate Your Claim
Serious injuries require a serious legal team. Your first call in an accident after the ambulance should be us – William G. Kolodner P.A. attorneys at law will provide honest answers about your options and chances of winning a claim. If we decide to take your case, we’ll make sure you have access to medical and property experts who can assist in backing up your claim.
Road defects cases are never easy. Getting the government to admit fault is always an uphill battle, but they should be held liable for devastating injuries stemming from a failure to maintain safe roadways. Fight back with the help of our expert personal injury firm.
Our lawyers are available to meet you where it’s most convenient, whether that’s our downtown Baltimore office, the hospital, or your own home. Call us 24/7 at 410-834-4475 and let us put our experience to work for you. Initial consultations are always free and you’ll pay nothing for your case unless we win.